Geneva County - EM71fb
The purpose of this station is to have FUN in CW, PH and RY contests. I am NO super op by any means and especially not on CW, but I am sure that I can have some FUN with this station.
DXing is secondary source of fun!
Rag chewing is always a possibility!
Computer/Interface: Using a Win8.1/64bit computer with the main station. Using two microKEYERs for the rig interface for the interface for the FT-2000D and FT-990AT (right now). This computer also has a Com1 serial port, that I am thinking about running rig control for the FT-990AT. It is a bit contrary with the microkeyer.
The Win7/32 computer: is now supporting the NA4AR CC-Cluster (DX Cluster). I have just (Jan 21, 2018) installed this and it seems to be running fine. You can reach it via your telnet or logging program at NA4AR.ddns.com port: 7373 if you are incline. Still have the Rosewell RC-305e (PCI-Express) 4-port Comm Card--not using it for anything right now. This gave a number of serial ports for Com1, Com2, Com3, Com4 and Com5.
- Use Writelog as my contest logger. I have been using it since 1995. I have tried other loggers and there are several very good quality packages (N1MM Logger+) out there, but I keep coming back to Writelog, old habits are hard to break!
- Have worked with Logger32 as well for a general purpose logger.
- Using Amateur Contact Log (ACLog) with the WSJT-X station. It is fully integrated with the WJST-X, JTAlert-X packages and seems just easier to keep the DIGI contacts in ACLog.
- Yaesu FT-2000D
- Yaesu FT-990AT
- Nothing for 2m.
- Yaesu FT-2000D for 6m.
Tower 1: 70' Rohn 25
- Cushcraft 104CD at 78' (rotatable) and a homebrew 4L10m (built the same as the Cushcarft) at 39' fixed to Europe. Have both of these stacked with a Array Solutions Stack Match.
- Also a Hy-Gain 155CA @ 71'
- 160m Inverted Vee Dipole at 65'
Tower 2: 107' Rohn 45
- Picture above is the Cushcraft 40-2D @ 118' and the Hy-Gain 204BA @ 108'
- Have another Hy-Gain 204BA that is fixed at 64'. Just need to put the Array Solutions Stack Match in and run the coax.
- Have installed an 80m Inverted Vee at 105'.
- A 30m delta loop one of these days.
- Tower 3: 42' Alumminum
- Homebrew 5L 6m beam @ 48' thanks to Tom/K4ZGB.